After successfull analysis of your test images the results are displayed in a user friendly way. Premium and business memberships offer some advanced features.
This part of the manual covers:
1. The calculated results are displayed in numerical and graphical way for the center and the average of the corners.
2. The numerical values describe the best resolution results for the whole measurements series - overall, for the center and the corner. In addition the associated f-stop number of the image is given.
3. Activate the Scale-button to enlarge the graphical view and to get a closer look on your results.
4. For more detailed information about a single test image, click on a single point in the graph.
5. With a click on "Image details" you can switch from the result overview into the single result view.
6. The "spider diagram" displays the limiting resolutions (%) of the Siemens stars according to the used camera system. The resolution describes the ability of a recording system to reproduce fine details. Besides the performance, fluctuations between left and the right side can be detected.
7. The limiting resolution in percentage gives a result as one indication of the achieved performance of the recording system used. It is listed for the central and corner stars (averaged).
8. Another value is the so called acutance. It is determined as a percentage for a defined viewing condition and represents the sharpness of an image. The result based on 100% viewing on a monitor. The ideal value is 100%, for values greater than 100% images are often over sharpened.
9. Megapixel represents the effective pixels. It is calculated by converting the central resolution percentage considering the aspect ratio.
10. Besides the value "centering" is depicted. This result should be taken as orientation value. It describes the resolution deviation of the four corner Siemens stars among themselves. Ideally it is "0".
11. Analyzing an AF series, a quick overview over the best, worst and the mean result for the center star of all analyzed images are listed.
A detailed description of the results are listed under "lensTESTER" -> "Result interpretation"
1. In the single result view, Premium and Business members have access to the MTF visualization.
2. Here, conclusions can be drawn for the respective camera system, about the loss of contrast as a function of Spatial Frequency.
3. Our fee-based memberships offer another benefit - a comparison function. Choose a combination from your own devices that you want to compare.
4. Compare the results of your device combinations with each other. Learn, which combinations and settings are best suitable for your practical use.